Interested in having a representative from the Iowa Department for the Blind come and speak at your school, business, organization or club? The Department welcomes opportunities to share our varied experiences, success stories, and expertise.
Examples of IDB Presentations
- Who is the Department for the Blind/Overview of IDB Services
- Employing Iowans Who are Blind
- Encouraging Older Iowans Who are Blind to Live Independently
- High-Tech and Low-Tech Devices for Individuals Who are Blind or Visually Impaired
- High-Tech and Low-Tech Devices for Individuals Who are Deaf and Blind
- Making the Web Accessible to People with Disabilities
- Opportunities for Individuals Who are Blind
- Opportunities for Individuals Who are Deaf and Blind
- A 'Positive Philosophy' of Blindness
- Success Stories (Successful Department programs, Entrepreneurs, etc.)
- Volunteer Opportunities at the Department
- Hands-on In-Service Training to Service Providers
*We can address other presentation topics that may be specific to your group. We also have presentations designed for elementary and secondary school-aged children.
Other Outreach Activities
Representatives from the Department are also available to participate at conferences, expos, county fairs, health fairs, or other similar events. Whether you would like us to have an informational booth/display or give a presentation, just provide us with the pertinent information about your event and a Department representative will contact you.
How Can I Request a Speaker?
If you would like to request a speaker, contact Connie Mendenhall at (515) 981-8397. You can also e-mail Connie at: firstname.lastname@example.org