Four times per year, the Independent Living (IL) Advisory Committee meets to discuss details about the IL program. This may include, but is not limited to, discussion on policies and program development. The Committee also plays a role in promoting Iowa Department for the Blind (IDB) services in their area.
The IL Advisory Committee is chosen by the Director of IDB and approved by the Commission for the Blind. Members are individuals with disabilities or parents/guardians of individuals with disabilities. The number of members is unlimited, and each term served is 2 years.
- Rebbecca Barrionuevo, Chair, Black Hawk County
- Carol Flickinger, Calhoun County
- Leroy Haberl, Carroll County
- John Hansen, Crawford County
- Julie Bergeson, Polk County(non-voting member)
- Kathy Kownacki, Polk County
- Jon Springer, Woodbury County
For more information on the IL Advisory Committee or to recommend a potential member, contact the IL program at 800-362-2587 then, press 4.